<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2078607567524098669?origin\x3dhttp://sunflowerstar.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> Sunrise to sunset
About Me

♫chunzychunz
♫14 january 1988
♫university of british columbia
♫snowdrop_crystal@hotmail.com

My Loves

☆sunflowers ☆tvb dramas ☆elmo ☆chocolate ☆warm hugs ☆taking pictures ☆love songs ☆japanese food ☆rez life ☆good friends ☆junk food ☆winnie the pooh ☆ice lemon tea ☆puppies

Chatter Box




History

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008


Buddies

♥Lay Hian
♥Vivian
♥Grace
♥Amanda
♥Trina
♥Shuyi
♥Debbie
♥HuiBoon

extras

Google

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Brokeback Mountain was GOOOOOD


Brokeback Mountain was amazing. I was totally absorbed into it until 10:30pm and Anna called me and we chatted for half an hour and then I continued. Even though the mood was gone, the ending was really really sad.

[Spoilers Alert] *do not read if you don't wanna know what happens*
I just thought that they felt so much for each other yet they have to somewhat deny their feelings and get on with their own lives.. Marrying their respective wives, having children yet going up Brokeback Mountain for "fishing trips" once every few months. It was heartshattering when Ennis said he couldn't make it for one of the trips because of his work and Jack was so upset. I guess it was also because back then the stigma was still around homosexuals and they had to do everything to keep it undercover.

I felt like crying when the postcard returned and we know that Jack had died. But there were many scenes that I didn't quite understand and the whole film is just so profound. I should watch it again.. But I think it is still a very beautiful movie with many words unspoken. I don't think that they are necessarily homosexual, kind of more like bisexual. Maybe not even bisexual. I dunno.

[End of Spoilers]

By the way, Heath Ledger is HOT! Still very hot! :) Excuse me for the bimbo comment. Hahaha. Anyway I was telling a friend in Singapore that I was going to watch that and he said "Ewww." I asked why and he said "Cos it's a gay movie!" And then I told Anna I was watching it and then I said I was immune to these issues already, just because we talk about it like normal things.. Homosexual issues have appeared in my SOCI and FMST classes so often it's nothing big deal anymore.. Then Anna said, "You have become Westernized!" Haha, I guess being open-minded to such things is okay.. I guess people in Singapore are still somewhat conservative.. Haha I'm in Canada afterall.. One of the 5 countries where same-sex marriage is allowed.

Slept at 12+, woke up at 10am+, then slack till 11am and then do WMST paper. Stuck. And then 12:30pm went to lunch with Debbie. Ate wrap and drank juice. And then piano for awhile, then brought laptop to commons and study with Debbie.. I was trying to do my paper.. And then ended up drawing graffiti for Debbie.. Haha super cute lah! Hohoho.


watched the sunset at 3:34 PM