HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!!! *woots*
Was watching Olympics in the morning before going out, so many gymnastics men just fell and lost points.. Must be too much partying from the Opening Ceremony last night eh?
It’s the nation’s birthday once again and I’m glad that I’m in Singapore to celebrate it.. Without anything in mind at first, I later on thought about going to watch the airshow and fireworks on the actual day, so me and Hianez decided on that and we met around 2pm today, at City Hall..
When we came out of the underpass, there was a Yeos/Canon roadshow going on, and anyone wearing red could get a free drink and take a photo for free, with printed version for souvenir! So I went and took it.. Supposed to put one of the pictures up on the wall, but I think I look too sleepy in the picture so decided against it..
Went to eat lunch.. KFC Shrooms Meal.. Cheap and filling, except the bun today was ultra dry and there wasn’t enough sauce, so it was SUPER DRY.. Finished and we headed to Carrefour to get snacks, but ended up looking at their sale on the ground floor, and we saw super cheap buttons/pins.. Only 10cents each! So we dug around for the letters of our names, and I got 11 buttons in all, while Hianez didn’t get cos we couldn’t find A..
It was already nearly 4pm and so we quickly got some stuff from Carrefour.. I got Carrefour Rocher, which was a pack of 7 humongous chocolate thingys, and it was only $1 =) And then we walked a long way to the Singapore Flyer, taking pictures along the way..
We walked around the Flyer building, and there were NDP games and stuff going on.. Live gig, and some game stalls.. Went to play this game where you try to slide the stars onto a Singapore flag.. Hard to describe.. We each got a keychain and a flag.. Not too bad =) And went upstairs, and it turns out there was an open space there with a good view of the bridge, and faces the floating platform..
We figured it would be a good place to watch the fireworks and airshow, and there wasn’t even a crowd there yet, so we decided to make ourselves comfortable there. Sat there at around 5pm, and after awhile the crowd came in, but we were at the front so it was great..
While waiting for the parade to begin at 5:45pm, dark clouds loomed over our heads and soon enough, it was drizzling and we had to open our umbrellas for awhile.. It was actually still raining when the parade started, and I think we managed to piss quite a number of people off by standing right in front with our umbrellas in their faces.. X)
Oh yes, have to mention the infinite number of foreign workers who were around the area celebrating National Day as well.. I’m pleased to say that I did not encounter any unfortunate incidents with any of them, except for one man who kept coughing and wheezing into my hair from behind :S
The place we were standing happened to be just behind the place where they will fire the President’s 21-gun Salute, so we got a good view of that.. The magnificent BOOM! startled our eardrums but it was a grand sight anyway.. Later on the planes came without any warning so didn’t take very good pictures.. Helicopters carrying the flag also flew by..
More of the airshow, and finally we saw the heart that the planes formed in the sky.. That was pretty much the highlight of the entire show, but the smoke was a little light so couldn’t really see, in addition to the somewhat cloudy skies.. By then the sky was clearing up but the Flyer was still dripping water on us since we were directly below it -_-
Waited around after the parade segment, and we couldn’t see anything for the performances, so finally when the fireworks started a little after 8pm, everyone was very excited.. There were 3 rounds in all, and trying to take photos of fireworks with a camera in each hand didn’t turn out very successful.. But it’s okay.. I still remember the best fireworks I’ve ever seen, sitting right across the barge where they fired them off.. That was a couple years ago..
Walked back to Suntec after that, there wasn’t that much of a crowd as we had expected.. Hianez had Subway while I had the Twisties I brought along with me.. Then we headed to the MRT around 9:30pm, and I got home at 10+..
Talked to Mary for awhile, and showered, now editing pictures.. Actually resizing the ones in the Pentax, because they take up too much space.. Pictures today are quite satisfactory.. Even though the fireworks ones turned out disastrous.. I feel so busy these days because I’ve been going out practically every day, and the days fly by so fast.. But I don’t want time to pass.. I want it to all freeze here, just because…
EDIT with PICTURES:




























Labels: outings